skip to main content

Committee Meeting - 1/10/18

We had our club committee meeting a few weeks back where the below was discussed. These are held every first Monday of the month in the Sitwell Arms, Whiston. Club members are more than welcome to attend to discuss any issues they have.

The next committee meeting will be: Monday 5th November

Committee members present:

Jonny Haynes (JH) - Chair
James Fox (JF) - Co-Vice Chair / Publicity & Marketing Officer
Andy Laidler (AL) - Co-Vice Chair / CTT Racing Officer (minutes)
Tom George (TG) - BC Racing Officer
Claire Morgan (CM) - Equality & Diversity Officer
Phil Smith (PS) – Kit Officer
Mark Weston (MW) – Socials Officer
David Southwood (DS) - Treasurer
Rob O’Reilly (RR) - Membership Officer
Mick Harrison (MH) – Club Captain

There were sufficient committee members present for the meeting to be quorate.

Welcome Tom

With the club hoping to put on its own Hill Climb Race next year and Criteriums in the future, the Racing Officer role has now been split due to workload. Andy will be all things CTT (hill climbs, TTs) and the British Cycling side of things (crits, road races) will be handled now by Tom George. A warm welcome to Tom who we are sure will do an excellent job alongside Andy with all things racing. They will help each other out so any questions or queries you now have two go persons. 

Christmas Party

The Sitwell CC Christmas Party will take place at Whiston Parish Hall (same venue as last year) on Sunday 9th December, 4pm till 7pm. It is the same day as the club fancy dress ride. Santa will be making an appearance again so don’t forget to bring the kids and your partners. There will be food, drink and music and goodies from Santa for the under 10s. Also there is going to be a charity auction for Rotherham Hospice and the club competition results will be announced with prizes. An email will be out shortly will all the information on and how to purchase tickets.

MH & RR Swapping Roles

Mick is now going to do all the ride leader rotas on a permanent basis. Rob is going to deal with the membership side of things.

Membership

We have had 3 new members in August, 1 in September and already 1 in October. That is a total of 97 members with Sitwell CC. Will we hit the magic 100 before the year is out?

AudaxUK

Rob is looking at organising our clubs very own Audax, probably between 100-200km. We would need a permit for this from the relevant organisation and other little bits and what not, but Rob is well on the way in looking into all of this.

Races

As we have never put on any kind of race as a club yet, the CTT would like us to do a ‘Club’ hill climb event beforehand on the same course we will be doing our ‘Open’ hill climb event next September. The difference between the two is not much really hence their request. It will be used as a practice run to the big one. The ‘Club’ event will only be available to club members whereas the ‘Open’ one available to any member of the CTT to enter the hill climb nationwide. Everything else will be the same for the ‘Club’ and ‘Open’ events. From marshalls, signs, and each rider being timed to each rider also wearing a number, paying a £3 levy to the CTT (insurance) if they want to ride and signing on etc. The date we are looking at for the ‘Club’ event is the evening of Friday 25th May and making it into a club social. For the ‘Open’ event the date that has been put forward is the afternoon of Sunday 1st September.

Club Competitions 2019

To make the club competitions more attainable to all members next year, regardless of age and gender, we will be having categories. The finer details have yet to be decided but will probably be something like seniors, women, and vets. Also all club members who want to be involved regarding the KOM and Green Jersey, the ‘Club’ event discussed above and hopefully a flat section of tarmac (once risk assessed by the CTT) are going to be used for these two competitions respectively. One off competition races. This will give the same conditions to all participants and the practice we need as a club for putting on our own races. The Yellow Jersey competition has not been decided as yet.

Finances

As of 01/10/18 the club kitty stood at £1005.

Club Charity for 2019

Club member Ted Daly has emailed the Committee enquiring if we would like to do some kind of sponsored ride to raise money for Rotherham Hospice. Such a charity relies so much on donations to provide palliative care both physical and psychological to people with progressive incurable disease such as cancer and end of stage organ failure, in the months or sometimes years prior to their death. To give them a ‘good’ death. Going forward and Rotherham Hospice is such a worthy cause, this will be the clubs main fundraising charity for 2019.

Kit

A couple of members are wanting to order caps in the current kit window. Along with items like gloves we need a minimum of 10 to be able to get these. Phil will send an email out seeing who else is interested in such items.

Wooly Hats

Phil is looking into getting the club some custom made bobble hats. As above keep your eyes peeled for a shout out in whose interested on the usual forums.

AOB

None

Thanks for reading.

If anyone has any points to raise with the committee please feel free to do so.

Thanks,
Andy