skip to main content

Committee Meeting - 7/10/19

We had our club committee meeting a few weeks back where the below was discussed. These are held every first Monday of the month in the Dragons Tap, Stag. Club members are more than welcome to attend to discuss any issues they have.

The next committee meeting will be: Monday 4th November

Committee members present:

Jonny Haynes (Chair)
James Fox (Publicity and Marketing / Vice Chair)
Andy Laidler (CTT Racing / Vice Chair)
Mark Weston (Socials)
Rob O’Reilly (Membership)
David Southwood (Treasurer)

Apologies:

Mick Harrison
Claire Morgan
Phil Smith
Chris Habershon

There were sufficient committee members present for the meeting to be quorate.

Coaching Update (JH)

Kids coaching moving to Wickersley Comprehensive School for the winter months on their all-weather floodlit facilities from the 14th October. JH has now passed his British Cycling coaching course with Claire Morgan to follow shortly. The club has now achieved Go-Ride status – a mark of quality which opens up further opportunities for us.

Chris Habershon's First Aid certification expires before the end of the year, the club has agreed to fund a new one so he can continue coaching for the next 3 years.

Membership Update (RoR)

Membership as at 7th October is 149 with 99 members being registered with British Cycling.

130 (87.25%) Male
19 (12.75%) Female

Membership Renewal Gift (DS)

DS to look into purchasing branded water bottles for renewing members.

Weekend Rides (AL)

Following discussions around ride start times and frequency it was decided that all rides would start at the same times through winter on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Christmas Party (JH)

Our Christmas Party is to be held on Sunday 15th December at Whiston Parish Hall. Tickets are now available.

Racing Update (AL / JH)

The open hill climb has been approved by CTT for August 23rd 2020 at 6pm.

British Cycling are to assess a course for a potential road race in Rotherham next year. More details to follow.

White Rose Youth League have approached us to host a round of their junior criterium race series at Forge Valley. To be taken forward in due course.

Velodrome Trip (JF)

MW to look at arranging a club trip to either Derby or Manchester velodrome in the new year once Mallorca and Alps trips have been booked.

Committee Members (JH)

British Cycling guidelines state that the number of committee members should reflect the size of the membership in the club. To this end we will be looking to add four more members to the committee over the next few weeks.

AOB (All)

N/A

Thanks for reading.

If anyone has any points to raise with the committee please feel free to do so.

Thanks,
James