COVID 19 / Lockdown 2
In light of the announcement by the government at the weekend. British Cycling have suspended all sanctioned activities until Thursday 3rd December at the earliest.
The full announcement is available here, but in short:
- Only ride alone, with those in your household/support bubble, or with one person from another household. If you are riding with a person from another household, you must only ever ride as a pair. For example, two riders from the same household cannot ride in a group of three with a person from another household, unless all are part of the same support bubble.
- Stay two metres apart from anybody not from your household/support bubble.
- If you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms, are self-isolating, are sharing a household /support bubble with somebody with symptoms, or have been told to self-isolate after being contacted by NHS Test and Trace, you should stay at home.
- There are no restrictions on how far or how often you can ride, however we recommend that you stay within your ability level and prepare accordingly, especially if you are riding alone.
- For essential journeys, the Government is encouraging people to cycle or walk where possible.
Find out more on the Gov.uk website here.